02 February 2014

Packin' Up

We're one week closer to becoming homeowners!  And we still need to pack... yikes!

My favorite part of moving is the weeding process.  It feels so good to trash/donate/sell material items and move forward in life with less stuff.  It amazes me to see how much stuff I've accumulated over the years.  It seems like it was just yesterday that I could fit everything I owned into four bins.  Sometimes I dream about owning just the bare essentials, but so much of my life and the activities I enjoy doing involve things.  Oh, it's a double-edge sword, it really is.  I think as long as I derive happiness from the result of my interests and activities that involve things and not from the things themselves, then I'm OK.  Does that make sense?

Anyway, my least favorite part of moving is packing.  One would think weeding and packing go hand-in-hand, but not to me.  I need to stop whining and start packing.

I think we have enough boxes...



















Some other things I want to remember about this week:

Morning walks with Daisy girl.  She's such a sweet dog.

























Our hike at French Forrest


























And what's turning into my weekly outdoor run.  Easy three miles were pretty easy except for the hill in the third mile.  That almost killed me.

Splits according to RunKeeper
























No comments: